After a few minutes the excitement for the CD I was on my way to, won it over the sudden interruption and I walked on towards the Leidsestraat. Trambells, laughing tourists and a bunch of football supporters cheering. I loved the lights which reminded me it's gonna be Christmas soon, even though I don't like Christmas...it made me smile. Passed Koningsplein. The supermarket was still open, the bookstore nextdoor closed. That wasn't promising for what I was heading for. To the left in Kalverstraat where people with lots of bags tried to find there way home. My eyes scanned the stores; clothes, shoes, souvenirs, but no CD's. I focused on the fun fair at the end, cause I knew there would be a small chance for an open shop. I walked faster and faster. No lights at the smaller shop, a small turn to the left. I saw securityguards in front of the store. Were they telling people they were closing?
I hesitated for a moment and walked in, while looking at the guards with questioning eyes. They didn't react and I passed them. Walked towards the pop section, would it be there? Jazz? World? Country? It didn't have a label, I couldn't put it in a box and so I focused on the cases. Screaming pictures of artists as if they were begging to be bought. Not here, not in these sections. Maybe upstairs? Dozens, hunderds, tons of CD's. Where to go? I went for jazz, thinking of what it would be labeled by by the people in the shop...scanned the rows, new releases, character by character until I gave up and walked to the counter. I almost asked, til I saw it. There next to the counter, in a corner, almost trying to hide behind the other cases. A smile appeared on my face, as a little kid in a candyshop seeing the biggest lollie of all. I took it out of the stand, looked at the familiar front, then the back. Handwritten. And placed it on the counter. This one please....
It was wrapped up, cause I asked the girl to. It's a gift, to myself. Or at least I get as excited as if it was a gift. I walked out of the store, towards the sounds of the fun fair and it's thousands of lights. I couldn't stop smiling.
It was wrapped up, cause I asked the girl to. It's a gift, to myself. Or at least I get as excited as if it was a gift. I walked out of the store, towards the sounds of the fun fair and it's thousands of lights. I couldn't stop smiling.

Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten